Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Andy Goldworthy Public Art

Andy Goldsworthy

Leaves polished, greased made in the shadow of the tree from which they fell, pinned to the ground with thorns.
Le jardin Massey, Tarbes, France,22 August 1989

I really like that he is a nature artist. He seems to like to play around with snail shapes, spheres, lines, and natural curves. I think this is one of my favorite works of art by him because it is very inventive, creative, and original. This entire work or art is made through nature, all the materials are natural and I think that makes for a really pure and beautiful work of art. Accordingly, I am also fond of the process and method he used in creating this artwork. He kept the leaves in their natural habitat, where they fell from the tree and he used thorns that he gathered to keep them in place. It also looks like a giant snail and this piece of art could be used by nature to create a home for themselves, so I think it serves several purposes other than beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment